HGUC RX 178 Titans

Arthur, as promised...

Image hosting by Photobucket

My first attempt at using spray cans only for a Gundam kit. Always loved the Titan's navy blue and was glad Anchor ($3-4, available at hardware stores) actually has a premix. Other colours that I applied include black and orange yellow. The greyish blue(?) and red parts were simply flat coated.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Extremly obvious seamline on the gun and left foot. I only cemented the forearms and thighs for this piece. Too lazy to mask the shoulder and shins so I left it as it was. Arthur was quite right about it being too glossy (notice the left foot), as it turns out in photos. I might be applying a flat coat later.

Here's an idea of how Anchor's silver turns out.

Image hosting by Photobucket

There might be a problem with my can of black, it doesn't tend to cure as nicely as the navy blue. Notice the chest portion and front skirt.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I did attempt to panel line with Tamiya's enamel grey, but I might have well have not done it at all, or used black instead.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Anyway, I glad that the experiment with Anchor paints didn't turn out to be a total disaster.

Comments

WILLIAM TAN said…
Excellent work Toycon!

The Navy Blue seems rather dark though.
Usually dark/black kits such as Gaia, Raider or Blitz, people tend to do it in a gloss metallic finish, hence without panel-lining, it does look plain. I personally have yet tried it becos you need compund and stuff. However, I tried flat coat on black and your varying intensity of flat coat shows up immediately on the black surface.
Or an alternative is to use a lighter tone of dark blue which your black panel can show up eventually, however, I believe Anchor doesn't have that. I personally find it fun to go slightly off color tones, while keeping the color scheme.

Get some decals and work on it, I'm sure it will drown the plainess ofthe kit and make it even excellent.

I recommend RJ London Chrome instead of the Anchor Silver, Arthur should have told you how good they were.

Popular Posts